Corporate Social Responsibility
Scott Bader has a clear set of ethical, social, charitable and environmental values and guiding principles handed down by the Founder, Ernest Bader. In 1951 he gave the company to the workforce who became Commonwealth members, to own collectively for the common good. All employees can become Commonwealth members, by committing to and upholding our ethics. Scott Bader have been actively practising corporate social responsibility for over 40 years.
Ernest Bader's aim was to create a company whose governance and well-being is entrusted to those who work in it, with democratic involvement, thereby incorporating Scott Bader into the local and wider community. This allows the Business to better understand its effects and influences on its stakeholders and the world.
The Scott Bader "Purpose Statement" below defines the way we operate within Scott Bader, with our External Partners, and with Communities in the wider world.
Scott Bader Business
- We deal honestly with our customers and partners to foster loyalty, trust and to build lasting business relationships.
- We put innovation at the heart of Scott Bader in the way we think and act.
- We use profit as one of the measures of business success, to sustain Scott Bader and as a means of fulfilling our Purpose.
- We will be judged as a leader in the application of sustainable development principles across our business activities.
Scott Bader People
- We respect the needs and values of others in an open and honest way.
- We encourage the growth, development, health and well being of our people, who take responsibility for their personal contribution.
- We ensure equality of opportunity and recognise that motivated people are essential to the success of Scott Bader's diverse businesses.
Scott Bader Socially
- We as individuals, and we as Scott Bader will have a positive impact wherever Scott Bader operates in the World
- We will continue the tradition of helping those less fortunate than ourselves by sharing our business success through money, time and effort.
- We will be recognised as a thriving international Trustee Ownership Enterprise, an exemplar to others
Click here to read more about our Corporate Social Responsibility.
Click here to read more information about our Charity.